Android phone batteries are getting better and more efficient every year. One area they’ve improved in is fast charging, giving you a quick boost to power you through the day. Speed up your charging time with these Android options.
What to look for
Fast chargers allow you to drastically reduce your charging time, giving you a full day’s worth of power in minutes. However, some fast chargers are better than others for your phone and your needs. That said, here are a few things you should keep in mind when looking for the perfect fast charger for your phone.
- Output power: Of course, if you are looking for a fast Android charger, you can expect it to have a higher power output than the average brick. That said, some fast chargers have even higher power output and will charge your phone faster than others. For the best smartphone charging, you’ll want to start your search in the 45-watt range.
- Security: When fast charging bricks first appeared, there were issues with heat dissipation and even the risk of damaging the phone. Chargers have come a long way since then, but you’ll still want to make sure you’re buying a brick with a seamless build, as well as one that syncs well with your phone’s battery and charging capabilities.
- Longevity: When you buy a fast charging brick, you should expect it to last a long time while always giving you the power you need. Avoid buying from companies that use cheap parts and try to buy bricks that use GaN (Gallium Nitride), which will help extend the life of the charger.
- Portability: Fast loaders are made of more materials than standard loaders, which usually means they will be bigger as well. However, there are plenty of travel-friendly chargers if portability is important to you. Keep an eye out for pocket bricks that still deliver a powerful charge.
- Wired or wireless: every year more and more phones are produced with wireless charging option. If your phone can charge wirelessly, you might want to choose between a wired or wireless fast charger. Ultimately, a wired charger will produce stronger current and charge your phone faster; however, wireless chargers can still be fast while adding a touch of convenience.
Best Overall: UGREEN Nexode Mini 45W Dual USB-C Charger
- ✓ Portable design
- ✓ Two charging ports
- ✓ Intelligent security systems
- ✗ No cables included
- ✗ Reduced charging speeds with two devices
If you’re looking for a fast charger that gives you everything you need, you need look no further than the UGREEN Nexode Mini 45W Dual USB-C Charger. This charger really has it all with a perfect combination of speed, portability, and affordability, and it should definitely be the top pick on anyone’s charging brick list.
The UGREEN Nexode boasts a charging power of 45 watts, giving you a day’s power (about 50%) in 30 minutes. It’s also much smaller than most fast chargers, giving you the convenience of portability and allowing you to take it anywhere you go. The built-in UGREEN Power Dispenser system automatically adjusts the power delivered to your phone, giving it the optimal amount while extending its life. The built-in GaN technology also ensures a cooler charging experience without reducing power. And as if it couldn’t be better, UGREEN has added two USB-C ports so you can quickly charge multiple devices at once.
If you’re looking for something a little cheaper without cutting out the good stuff, you’ll definitely want to check out this Anker USB-C 45W charger as well.
Best Budget: AILKIN 20W USB-C Charger
- ✓ Great power for the price
- ✓ Durable design
- ✓ High compatibility on Android devices
- ✗ Not as fast as other fast chargers
- ✗ May not last as long as more expensive bricks
Sometimes you just have to cut through all the bells and whistles to get what you really need. in the case of fast charging bricks, you will find the answer in the AILKIN 20W USB-C Charger. This brick provides incredible amounts of power for a very modest price, making it perfect for the thrifty tech shopper.
With a total output of 20 watts, this charger offers faster charging speed than most other average chargers while being a fraction of the cost. Its USB-C port makes it compatible with all Android phones, regardless of brand or model, and it works perfectly with any cord. AILKIN has also added many safety measures to protect against overcharging and overheating without limiting your phone’s juice supply. All in all, this is a very solid charging brick for a very good cost.
AILKIN 20W USB-C Charger
AILKIN’s 20W USB-C Charger puts price first while delivering the power you need.
Best Premium: Spigen 100W Dual USB-C Charger
- ✓ Crazy power charges your phone in minutes
- ✓ Two fast ports
- ✓ Collapsible cap
- ✓ Smart Power Delivery Technology
- ✓ Two-year warranty
- ✗ big build
- ✗ Expensive
If you’re someone who makes it a mission to never just buy tech, then you’ll love the Spigen 100W Dual USB-C Charger. Spigen has made sure to give its buyers only the best without cutting corners. Rated at 100 watts, this brick really puts the “fast” into fast charging, giving you a day’s worth of power in just minutes. In fact, it’s so powerful it can even charge laptops in an hour!
This durable brick is built to withstand wear and tear, and powerful internal components keep it safe and cool while your phone charges. It also has two USB-C charging ports so you can quickly charge multiple portable devices. Perhaps the best part of all is that Spigen really stands behind its product by offering an impressive two-year warranty.
Best Fast Car Charger: AINOPE 36W Fast Charger
- ✓ Two USB-A ports
- ✓ Qualcomm-certified
- ✓ Solid metal frame
You’re always on the go and you need a car charger that can charge as fast as you go. AINOPE 36W fast charger is the portable car charger you need.
With 36 watts of charging power, the AINOPE car charger delivers faster speeds than many fast charging bricks. Boost a device to 55% in less than 35 minutes, or use both USB-A ports to produce superb charging speeds for multiple devices. The metal body provides a smooth yet durable look, and the metal connectors provide a secure fit and fast power transfer. Built-in heat dissipation and overcharge prevention measures ensure you have enough power without any inconvenience.
Best fast wireless charger
AINOPE 36W fast charger
For charging on the go, AINOPE’s 36W fast charger will keep you in shape no matter where you drive.
Best Fast Wireless Charger: Belkin BoostCharge 15W Wireless Charger
- ✓ Simple design with fast results
- ✓ Can charge through plastic cases
- ✓ Comes with a 2 year warranty
- ✗ Slower than brick loaders
- ✗ Can only charge one phone at a time
Wireless charging is growing in popularity, but it still offers a slower charging experience.
The Belkin BoostCharge 15W Wireless Charger is what you need to speed things up. This Qi charging pad works great with other Qi-enabled devices that accept 15-watt wireless charging, and it offers faster charging speeds than most other wireless pads.
Belkin’s design is small and lightweight, making it easy to use your phone in just about any environment. Despite its size, the charger has the ability to charge through phone cases, so you won’t have to remove yours when you need some juice. An LED indicator lets you know your phone is charging. While the grippy surface prevents your phone from slipping. The charger also comes with a four-foot USB-C to micro-USB cable to connect the pad directly to your computer or charging station. Fast charging is bound to be child’s play.
Best fast wireless charger