After the official announcement of the iPhone 14 series in Apple’s Far Out presentation, a problem arises on how Android users can transfer data from their current smartphone to the iPhone 14 device, as many people are eager to get their hands on the latest Apple devices.
The process is simple for iPhone to iPhone users because all you have to do to start the data transfer is to place your old and new iPhone next to each other. However, transferring data from Android device to iPhone can be a much more complex procedure.
By revealing two of the best methods to transfer data from Android smartphone to the new iPhone 14, we hope to make the transition process much easier for you.
Method 1: Use “Move to iOS”
Users can move data from their old Android smartphone to iPhone using the Android software “Move to iOS”, created by Apple. Its purpose was to encourage Android users to migrate to iOS. Using Move to iOS software, follow the steps below to move data from your Android smartphone to your new iPhone:
1. Place your brand new iPhone 14 next to your Android smartphone. and turn it on. When the Quick Start page appears, begin the iPhone setup procedure.
2. Select “Move data from Android” by clicking on the “Manually configure” option at the bottom of the screen. Please note that you will need to factory reset your iOS device and restart it if you have already completed the setup.
3. On your Android device, download and launch the “Move to iOS” app. Read the terms and conditions before pressing “Agree”, then press “Continue”.
4. When the “Move from Android” screen appears on your iPhone 14, choose “Continue” and wait for the one-time code to appear.
5. After entering the code on your Android smartphone and joining the temporary Wi-Fi network created by the iPhone 14, the “Data Transfer” screen should now be visible.
6. Select the files you want to move to your iPhone 14, then click “Continue”. Then wait for your iOS device loading bar to complete.
To complete the setup procedure when loading is complete, tap “Done” on your Android device and “Continue” on your iPhone 14 respectively. And this is how you can use the Move to iOS app to transfer data from your old Android phone to the new iPhone 14. There is a catch, however.
Limitations and issues of the “Switch to iOS” app
Although Move to iOS is very easy to use, it cannot transfer data such as music stored in your phone’s memory, ringtones, call logs, etc. Also, the transfer rates are not the best and data transmission interruptions are rather typical.
Worse, this approach only works when first setting up an iPhone. It may be necessary to completely remove an iPhone if it is already in use for the data transfer to work. It is very obvious that for many users, Move to iOS app might not be the best choice. For this, we recommend you to use AnyTrans software in this situation.
Method 2: Use AnyTrans
Besides transferring data from Android to iOS, every piece of content on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, iTunes and iCloud can be easily managed with AnyTrans. With its simple and clear user interface, you can transfer, manage and backup your iOS data. Luckily, using or understanding the software doesn’t even have to be a tech savvy. With AnyTrans, even non-technical users will have no problem keeping or transferring data.
The software transfers virtually all kinds of data/files available on your Android phone to your new iOS device without any hassle. Unlike the “Move to iOS” app, which requires a new setup every time, AnyTrans works perfectly even when your iPhone 14 has already been setup.
The fact that it supports all Android smartphones regardless of their software version makes it even more remarkable. Whatever Android smartphone you have, everything can be transferred. Existing data on your iPhone will not be deleted and it is smart enough to skip duplicate items automatically.
The albums you created on your Android phone are also kept by AnyTrans. And the same goes for other files and folders. Using the Phone Switcher feature of AnyTrans, follow these steps to transfer data from your old Android smartphone to your new iPhone:
How to use AnyTrans
1. On your Windows or macOS computer, install and launch AnyTrans. And select the “Phone Switcher” option from the left menu.
2. Next, select “Migrate Now” to start and locate “Developer Options” in the Settings section of your Android phone and enable the “USB Debugging” feature.
4. Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone 14 and Android phone to your computer. On the Android side, give AnyTrans all necessary permissions.
5. Once the two devices are linked, select “Next” from the menu in the lower left corner. Then wait until the app has loaded all the data from your Android phone.
6. Click “Next” after choosing the data you want to transfer to your iPhone 14. Then the transfer procedure will begin. Users are advised to be patient and wait until they see the “Transfer complete” message.
That’s all. All your data has been successfully moved using AnyTrans Phone Switcher tool. As you can see, using AnyTrans instead of Move to iOS to move data from Android to iPhone is much faster and easier. But above all, there are other advantages to consider.
For example, AnyTrans supports all Android devices, works with your iPhone whether it has been set up or not. And covers the majority of data formats on Android phones. Moreover, since AnyTrans can automatically skip duplicate material, existing data on your iPhone will not be deleted.
Moreover, AnyTrans is more than just a one-time data migration solution. As an alternative, you can use it to control your iPhone, back up data, create custom ringtones, manage iOS app updates, and even mirror your iPhone screen to your computer. It’s a really useful all-rounder.