Got a link on your Android phone that you want to open in Windows? Here’s how to share links with your PC quickly and easily.
While phones are convenient for their portability, they don’t provide a full experience to do everything. For example, if you want to read that long column from your favorite online magazine, you might want to do it from your PC.
Sharing links to your Windows PC helps you get started without having to copy and paste the link to your digital notebook or email the link to yourself. Here’s a quick and easy way to send links from your Android phone to a Windows PC.
How to Send URL from Android to Windows
To share a link between your Android phone and your Windows PC, you must first link the two devices. But before you start, make sure your phone is running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later and your Windows PC has at least Windows 10 May 2019 Update.
So first, update your Android phone or PC if needed. Also, your phone and PC must be connected to the same Wi-Fi for this method to work.
Follow these steps to set up your phone and Windows PC for link sharing:
- Download and install Your Phone Companion app on your Windows PC.
- Launch the app, select To start, and sign in using your Microsoft account. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, create one. The app will take you to a screen to pair your Android phone.
- Check the box next to Your Phone Companion – Link to Windows app is ready. Click on Pair with QR code (You can also select Pair manually, but it’s a bit tedious.). The app will generate a unique QR code.
- Next, install the Microsoft Your Phone Companion app from the Google Play Store on your Android phone. Launch the app and tap Pair your phone and PC.
- Faucet Continue and point the QR code scanner at the code displayed by the app on your Windows PC.
After scanning, press Continue on your device and grant the app all necessary permissions. You also need to allow the app to run in the background. Faucet Ended to finish on your phone. On your PC, tap Continue to finish.
How to share a link
Now that your devices are linked, you can share a link from your phone to your PC by doing the following:
- Open the link you want to share in a browser on your phone. We will use Google Chrome in this example.
- Tap the three-dot menu in the top right and select To share.
- To select Your Phone Companion from the share menu. If you don’t see the Your Phone companion in the list of apps, tap Continued.
- Your Phone Companion app will display a pop-up window with the list of connected PCs. Select your PC name to send the link.
The link will instantly open in your default browser if your PC is on. Otherwise, you will be notified when you turn on the PC.
Easily share links from Android to Windows PC
Sharing links from one of your devices to another shouldn’t be a difficult undertaking. The process is very simple for Android and Windows PCs, and the link opens directly in your default browser. It can’t be easier than that.
Hope you are now able to instantly share links to your Windows PC by following the steps above.
Want to learn how to transfer files between Android and Windows? Here are seven easy ways to move data between devices.
About the Author