Even after a huge outcry from the Android community citing privacy, security, and user choice, the bloatware situation on Android has not improved. Yes, MIUI now comes with less bloatware but, looking at the big picture, Android smartphones still come with a myriad of useless apps, especially low-end devices. So, to help you remove bloatware from your Android phone and free up crucial resources, we’ve come up with this handy tutorial. It lets you uninstall bloatware and unnecessary apps seamlessly. Be it Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo or any other device, the Universal Android Debloater tool safely removes unnecessary apps from your Android smartphone. On that note, let’s go ahead and learn how this tool works.
Remove Bloatware From Your Phone With Universal Android Debloater (2022)
1. First of all, download universal android unlock (UAD) from here. Click “Assets” and download the EXE file for Windows. If you are on macOS, download the
2. Next, you need to configure ADB on your PC. Follow our linked tutorial for install adb right now.
3. After that, open a Terminal window (CMD for Windows and Terminal for macOS). Here, type
adb devices and press Enter. If it returns a serial number, you’re good to go.
4. Now, move UAD file that you downloaded in the platform-tools folder.
5. Finally, open Universal Android Debloater, and it automatically detect your Android smart phone.
6. Once your device is detected, make sure “Recommended” is selected from the top drop-down menu. Based on your device ROM, Universal Android Debloater extracts the list of bloatware that can be safely removed. UAD has documented the list of removable bloatware for all major smartphone manufacturers. For general users, I’ll suggest sticking to the “Recommended” list.
7. Now select the packages you want to remove and just click “Uninstall selection” at the bottom right. That said, I suggest you check the package name carefully and apply your own mind before uninstalling a package.
8. In this way, you can safely remove bloatware from your Android phone using Universal Android Debloater. In case you want restore a particular package, you can choose “Uninstalled” or “Disabled” from the drop-down menu and select the package. Now click on “Restore Selection”.
9. You can also search for particular apps from the search bar. If the application does not appear in the debloater, install package name viewer 2.0 (Free, offers in-app purchases) from the Play Store on your Android phone and search for the app package name. Now find the package name and immediately uninstall the bloatware.
10. Finally, to remove carrier-specific bloatware on Android, choose “carrier” from the third drop-down menu and remove unnecessary apps. You can repeat the same process to remove Google bloatware, OEM bloatware, AOSP apps, etc.
Uninstall Bloatware from your Android smartphone without root
This is how you can completely uninstall bloatware from your Android device without rooting. Although there are a ton of unblocker apps, we recommend Universal Android Debloater because it is well documented and has inspected removable apps for major devices. Anyway, it all comes from us. If Fastboot is not detecting your Android device on Windows 10/11, we have a handy guide in place for you. And to find the best custom ROMs for Android, browse our curated list. Finally, if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.