People lose their phone or break it in an accident. Either way, you end up losing your precious data. The chances of never recovering your phone once it’s been stolen or recovering data from a broken handset are usually high. But there is a way to protect your data even if you suffer a phone loss. Here we discuss three things you should do as soon as you get a new phone: backup of your chats on your instant messaging application, activate Google Photos save and activate the set android phone backup.
How to Backup Chats on Android Smartphone
Most people use WhatsApp as their go-to app for instant messaging. WhatsApp lets you schedule a backup every day. By default, WhatsApp backs up your data every day at 2 a.m.
- For WhatsApp chat backup, tap the three-dot menu at the top right corner of the app.
- Go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Backup to Google Drive.
- Select the Google account where you want to save the backup
- Choose the time you want the backup to happen
- You can choose to include videos and even enable cellular data backups.
- You can also manually back up your data by pressing the Backup button.
If you use Telegrambacking up your data will require a few extra steps.
- Go to desktop.telegram.org and install Telegram on your computer.
- Click on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) and go to Settings.
- Click on the Advanced option and choose the option that says Export telegram Data.
- Choose the data you want to export. These include contact lists, personal chats, private groups, and photos, among others.
- Click on the export option at the bottom right to complete the process.
How to Backup Photos on Android Smartphone
Every Android smartphone comes with the Google Photos app. You can back up your photos from your phone.
- Open Google Photos app and tap your avatar in the upper right corner.
- Then go to Photo Settings > Backup and synchronization > and use the toggle to enable Backup and synchronization.
- Choose whether to back up over a mobile data connection
- Choose the download size you prefer and you’re set.
Create an offline backup
Users can also create an offline backup by copying their data to a hard drive. This is a lengthy process and requires users to periodically update the backup. You can also sync your contacts with Cloud So every time you enter your email id on a new phone, you get all your data.
How to set up full backup of your Android phone
You can use Backup by Google One. It saves your phone data automatically. This includes: app data, call history, contacts, settings, SMS messages, photos and videos, and MMS messages. You can choose what you want to record by toggling in front of each of these options.
- Open the Google One app.
- Tap on Storage and scroll down to the device backup section.
- If this is your first phone backup: Tap Set up data backup tile.
- You can automatically backup your phone by tapping Storage.
- Scroll down to “Backup” and press View.
- To see your backup settings, tap Manage backup.
- Choose your backup settings and Allow permissions.
- Your Google One backup can take up to 24 hours.